I’m super proud of this recipe for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it is my first vegan recipe! Secondly, I have designed this recipe to use only ingredients that should last for weeks in your kitchen. I guarantee you that if you buy these ingredients, you could use them in three separate weeks and the curry would turn out just as good! It’s fantastic value for money, really healthy and completely delicious. This is definitely one to try out.
- Sunflower Oil
- 1 Potato, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Curry Paste (I use Patak’s: https://goo.gl/viJic8)
- 1 tin of Plum Tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of Frozen Peas
- 2 pieces of Frozen Spinach
- Place the potato in a pan of salted boiling water and boil for 8 minutes before draining.
- Add some oil to a frying pan on a high heat and transfer the potato to the pan. Fry for about 10 minutes. They should be golden, crispy, and cooked all the way through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan along with a drop more oil and fry for 5 minutes until browned. Add a good splash of water to the pan, and dollop in the curry paste. Fry on the heat until the paste thickens back up and pour in the tomatoes. Crush them with your spoon to get them saucy.
- Drop the heat to medium and drop in the spinach and peas. Season with salt and pepper and leave to simmer for 5 minutes, or until the spinach has broken apart.
- Add your potatoes back into the sauce and heat through. Serve it up and enjoy – I hope you love this one as much as I do!