This is one of those simple mid-week meals that packs some mega flavour. Nothing too flashy, just a few humble ingredients and a really tasty result. I’ve used Italian seasoning here, but feel free to use whatever herbs and spices you’ve got tucked away in your cupboard – experiment with it!Ingredients
- 1 Pork Chop
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Potato, roughly chopped
- 6 Broccoli Florets, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of Spinach, finely chopped
- Bunch of Chives, finely chopped
- Add the potato and broccoli to boiling salted water and boil for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay the pork on a large sheet of tin foil. Season with salt and pepper, the Italian seasoning and 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Rub it into the pork and cover with another sheet of tin foil. Grab hold of anything flat and give it a good bashing, increasing the surface area until it’s about 1cm thick.
- Get a dry frying pan on a high heat and fry the pork for about 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Turn every minute and turn the heat down nearer the end of the cooking if you need to.
- After 15 minutes, drain the potato and broccoli. Use a fork to mash it up and stir through the spinach and chives. Add a drop of olive oil to bring it all together.
- Pile the mash onto a plate, slice the pork and serve it on top. Bless it with a final sprinkling of chives to make it look pretty.