This is an amazing quick lunch you can make using some leftover roast chicken. If you follow the recipe I posted on Sunday, it will leave you with the most beautifully tender meat that will pull apart with ease. I am using corn tortillas, since they are better for you than white wheat tortillas (although the real reason is because the bright yellow colour makes me happy). You can pimp this with your favourite extras – I love a drizzle of BBQ sauce, spring onions and feta because it offers an explosion of flavours and textures. And not forgetting the avocado. All hail the avocado.
- 2 Corn Tortillas
- Leftover Roast Chicken, pulled with a fork
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Lime
- Feta Cheese
- 1 Spring Onion, finely sliced
- BBQ Sauce
- Firstly, let’s make a quick guac. Grab a bowl and get the avocado. A quick hack: have some faith and gently squeeze the whole avocado over the bowl. It will bust open and the flesh will fall into the bowl. Squeeze in the juice from half a lime, season with a little salt and pepper and combine with a fork.
- Spread the guac across the two tortillas. Pile on the chicken and crumble the feta on top. Sprinkle over the spring onion and finish off with a cheeky squirt of BBQ.
- Roll up the tortillas. If you’re making them for lunch, you can wrap them in a little cling film so that you can eat them on the go. You will be amazed at how good something so easy can taste!