This recipe is part of my Kick Start 2018 series.
This is a pretty special stir fry. About a year ago I discovered the joy of spiralizers, which you can get seriously cheap (such as this one here). You can use it with loads of veg, but my favourite is courgette and carrot. I really recommend investing in one, because it can be used to create so many exciting low-carb noodle and pasta alternatives! This stir fry’s star singer is crispy, aromatic beef mince glazed in honey. It’s absolute kick ass flavour and unbelievably good for you. Your body will love you for this!Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil (or other oil)
- 1 thumb-size piece of Ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 200g Lean Beef Mince
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime
- 1 Large Courgette, spiralised
- 2 Carrots, spiralised
- Sprinkling of Sesame Seeds
- In a cold pan, add the oil, ginger and chilli. Bring the pan up to a medium heat and allow everything to fizzle away for a couple of minutes to infuse the oil.
- Whack the heat up to high and break the beef mince into the pan along with the garlic. Look after it and regularly toss to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn and nothing sticks. Stir fry for 5 minutes, until the beef is beginning to crispen. Drizzle in the honey, toss to glaze the beef and fry for a further 3 minutes until beautifully golden and crispy. The kitchen will be smelling amazing!
- Throw the courgette and carrot into the pan and toss to evenly distribute everything. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and add the soy sauce. Toss everything together and serve with a cheeky sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Here’s an idea…
This recipe is amazing cold the next day. Just keep it in the fridge overnight. It’s one of my favourite lunches!