This recipe is part of my Kick Start 2018 series.
This is an incredible midweek meal which is tasty, nutritious, and great meal prep for lunch the next day! I love poaching the chicken because it keeps it juicy on the inside, but gets nice and gnarly on the outside when you glaze it with honey. You can pimp it with whatever veg you like, but just remember that the golden rule is to eat the rainbow! I also finish this off with a tasty fried egg for that extra kick of protein and energy. The whole meal shouldn’t take any more than 20 minutes (including chopping!) and delivers EPIC flavour. I absolutely love this – it’s one of my favourite Kick Start 2018 recipes!Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Yellow Pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 large handful of Spinach
- 3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 small bunch of Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 pouch of Precooked Wholegrain Rice
- 1 Large Egg (per portion)
- Chilli Sauce, to serve (Optional) (I used Chipotle sauce!)
- Get a saucepan of salted boiling water on a high heat and drop in the chicken breast. Poach for about 15 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. During this time, you can get the rest of the ingredients prepped.
- When the chicken is cooked, pull apart with a couple of forks. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a screaming hot frying pan and fry the chicken with the honey for 1 minute, allowing it to get gnarly. Throw in the veg (including the chilli if you’re using it) and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, rice and soy sauce and heat the rice through for a further minute. Stir through the coriander and serve it up onto a plate.
- Rinse the pan and return to a medium heat with the remaining coconut oil. Crack an egg in and fry for a couple of minutes. Place it on top of the chicken fried rice and finish by making it rain chilli sauce!