This recipe is part of my Cheaper than a Ready Meal series.
This is one of the first recipes that somebody requested for me to post, and I’ve only just got round to it! But it’s one of the easiest and tastiest pasta dishes in the world. It uses such few ingredients, but results in something ridiculously incredible. This is one of the ultimate student dishes! My version, that costs a mere £1.78 compared to the £2.50 ready meal, uses Tesco Finest pancetta and free range eggs – it doesn’t compromise on quality ingredients to create something which tastes even better and is still wicked value. And even better, it comes together in the time it takes to boil the pasta. You’ve got to give this a go and let me know what you think!Ingredients
- 125g Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Slices of Smoked Pancetta, finely sliced
- 1 clove of Garlic, crushed with the back of a knife
- 1 Egg
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- Boil the pasta in salted boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, get a frying pan on a medium heat with the olive oil. Drop in the garlic clove to fragrance the oil. Add the pancetta and fry gently for 3 minutes.
- Combine the egg and parmesan in a bowl, along with heap loads of black pepper.
- When the pasta is ready, use tongs to drag it into the frying pan. Remove the pan from the heat and combine the pasta and pancetta, removing the garlic clove. Quickly add the egg mixture and combine everything together, making sure not to scramble the egg. Use some more starchy pasta water to loosen the sauce – it will make it silky and incredible! Serve with a little more parmesan and another blessing of black pepper.