This is one of the healthiest, creamiest, most delicious pasta dishes I have ever created. I was in an experimental mood and had seen a couple of pasta recipes that used avocado, so decided to create my own version. It uses beautiful sundried tomatoes, fresh parsley and salty feta. It’s fantastically good for you and can be made in the time it takes to boil the pasta! This dish breaks some rules for sure, and may seem unusual, but you have absolutely got to try it. Everyone loves avocado and this is an incredible way to celebrate it!Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 125g Linguine (I used wholemeal)
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 2 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- 6 Sundried Tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe Medium Avocado
- Small bunch of Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 Lemon
- 25g Feta, to serve (Optional)
- Rocket, to serve (Optional)
- Boil the pasta according to packet instructions in salted boiling water. In the meantime, you can create the sauce.
- Get a frying pan on a low heat. Add the oil, garlic and chilli flakes and leave it to fizzle away and infuse. After a couple of minutes, add the sundried tomato.
- Squash the avocado into a bowl and add the parsley and lemon. Season with salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Use a fork to mash it all together. You can take it to whatever consistency you want. Add a couple of tablespoons of boiling pasta water to loosen the consistency and begin to heat it through.
- When the pasta is ready, remove the frying pan from the heat and pour in the avocado sauce. Using tongs, drag the pasta into the frying pan and toss everything together. Use a little pasta water to loosen if necessary. Serve on a bed of rocket and make it snow feta on top. You’ll never have tried a pasta dish like this!