This is something truly exciting – a pepperoni pizza themed jacket potato! I transformed my potato into a giant hasselback potato. It’s a truly fantastic way to get the flavours right into the potato and make it interesting. This method of baking potatoes is exciting, delicious and so easy to change up the ingredients. Next time you opt for a baked potato, try using this method. You won’t regret it!Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 Baking Potato
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons of Tinned Tomatoes
- 5 slices of Salami
- 75g Mozarella, thinly sliced
- Small bunch of Basil
- Rocket, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Use a knife to carefully cut slits into the potato that go about 3/4 of the way through. Be careful not to cut all the way through! Slit all the way along, leaving about 1cm gaps. Rub the potato all over with olive oil, place on a baking tray and get it into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take the potato out of the oven. Very carefully spoon some tomato sauce into each gap in the potato, using a knife to gently pull it apart if you need to. Cram in the salami, mozarella and basil, alternating if necessary, trying not to let the potato fall apart. Don’t panic if it does though – it will still be delicious! Spoon a little tomato over the top and get it back into the oven for another 20 minutes. Serve on a bed of rocket and with a cracking of black pepper!